There are several reasons why we don't rent our aircraft out to just anyone- whether you are a new private pilot or Astronaut.
- Regardless of your flying experience, Hawaii is a unique operating environment. You are flying over water. Do you want an aircraft with the latest in safety devices and accessories? Not sure? Ask your spouse.
- "I've only flown Cessna and Piper equipment." Expand your horizons! Our aircraft is glass cockpit, air conditioned and has air bag seat belts, noise cancelling headsets included and we GoPro with live audio.
- Each airport also has "unique" procedures that local pilots know about, everything from noise abatement to where to avoid, to where to park on the ramp. You don't want to get a citation from an airport manager because you didn't know. (Yes they do occur! And requires a court appearance to resolve.)
- There are "spots" around the islands that can be quite windy/turbulent and you can avoid them by knowing at what altitudes or course to use to circumnavigate the rough patch.
- Our Cirrus is a half million dollar aircraft, and unlike a Cessna that is in a rental pool, we take great care and pride in operating it in a very specific manner by the same flight instructors with thousands of hours in Cirrus aircraft. This ensures you and your guest will enjoy flying in an aircraft that is highly cared for and highly reliable.
- Your instructors know the ins and outs of island flying, can also handle the radios for you (Hawaiian words used in checkpoints are not the easiest to say or locate), and act as your "guide" to the experience, taking photos, video and sharing cool facts about the islands. Everyone has a great time!
- As an additional safety measure, your instructor's vest is a "batman belt" of safety equipment including (waterproof cell phone, EPRB, 100 yard reflective tape, glow sticks, first aid, water, 5 minute scuba spare air bottle and a whistle). We are the only flight school that carry a 4 person life raft and each person wears quick don lap vest. No other school goes to such extreme detail over survival and safety equipment. If you are shopping around schools in Hawaii, ask them.
- "I have thousands of hours, I don't need an instructor" We hear that a lot. We don't doubt your ability, we want you to relax, have fun and let us take care of the little details so you can enjoy looking out the window!